We Provide Disaster Prepareness Training
CoAid provides comprehensive training and resources to equip people to be better prepared for dealing with a natural disaster within their community.
We also provide the means for people in developing countries to get practical and hands-on community development training which allows them to better serve their communities.
Find out what we're doing today on our current projects page.
Are You Prepared For a Disaster?
In the aftermath of a disaster such as a hurricane, earthquake, flooding, or following an act of terrorism, would you know how to be self-sufficient for at least three days, or even longer?
Being able to provide your own shelter, first aid, food, water and sanitation could make the difference between life and death, not only for you, but the lives of your family, neighbors, and others in your community.
The goal of our "Prepared For Disaster" course is to equip you with the knowledge, practical skills and resources needed to remain safe in the event of a disaster and to continue to serve others.
At the completion of the course you will:
- Know what a disaster is
- Understand the phases of a disaster
- Understand the effects of a disaster has on your community
- Know how to identify the hazards and vulnerabilities within your community
- Be able to formulate your own disaster preparedness plan
- Know how to assemble your personal or family disaster kit
- Learn how to purify and store water for drinking
- Learn what foods you should stockpile
- Understand disaster psychology
- Learn special skills that can be used to serve your community in a disaster
- Learn how to work with other groups in a disaster
Please contact us for further information